Puget Sound Clean Air Agency Programs
Utility Company Programs
- Ductless Heat Pump Rebate: You can get an $800 rebate or a seven-year, zero-interest loan toward the cost of a ductless heat pump and basic installation. Income-qualified customers may be eligible for a grant that pays for the whole thing. Call 253-502-8377.
- Weatherization Program: Offers rebates and zero-interest loans to help you pay for installing new energy-efficient windows and insulation and having your ducts sealed. You can get up to $3,450 when you insulate your ceilings, floors and walls and seal your heating air ducts. You can also get up to $1,000 when you replace your inefficient windows. Any remaining cost can be financed with a seven-year, zero-interest loan. Income-qualified customers are eligible for a grant that typically covers the entire cost of new windows and insulation. Call 253-502-8363.
- Heating Assistance: Assistance is available if you need help paying your winter electric bills. Funds get distributed annually, starting in the fall. Call 253-502-8369.
Puget Sound Energy (PSE)
Whether you're buying a new home, remodeling or just trying to reduce your monthly energy bills, PSE might be able to help with various money-saving offers on energy-efficient products and services.
PSE provides natural gas service to parts of King (not Enumclaw), Kittitas (not Ellensburg), Lewis, Pierce (not Buckley), Snohomish, and Thurston counties. PSE also provides electric service to all of Island, Skagit, Thurston, and Whatcom counties; parts of Jefferson, King (not Seattle), Kitsap, Kittitas, and Pierce (not Tacoma) counties. Call 888-225-5773.
City of Tacoma
- Home Repair program: Offers loans to homeowners to pay for repairs or rehabilitation of their home. To qualify, you must be living in your home and have a low household income. Your eligibility will be determined by income and other qualifications. Call 253-591-5230, 253-591-5142, or 253-591-5236.
City of Lakewood
- Major Home Repair program: Committed to assisting income-qualified households meet their financial burdens through payment for fuel, rent or mortgage, education and the installation of energy conservation materials. If you would like to see if you are income eligible for assistance please call the automated appointment line at 855-798-HEAT (4328). For program information, call 253-502-8377.
- Housing Rehabilitation program: Funding for this program provides for the correction of all code-related deficiencies or conditions in the owner-occupied home. In addition, this program offers a comprehensive housing rehabilitation program which allows for general repairs and/or upgrades to the entire home. Examples of eligible repairs include insulation as well as heating systems - repair or replacement with energy efficient heating systems, including heat pumps. Call 253-983-7785.
Community Based Organization Programs
Tacoma - Metropolitan Development Council
- Energy Assistance Program: Financial aid is available for qualified low-income persons in support of home heating needs. Call 253-572-5557.
- Weatherization Program: For qualifying low-income residents of Tacoma, this program provides access to services that will improve energy conservation, including insulation and furnace repairs. Call 253-593-2336.
- Minor Home Repair Program: Senior and disabled homeowners are provided with assistance to make minor, but necessary repairs to their homes. Call 253-591-7020.
- Pierce County Community Connections: 253-798-4500
- Home Weatherization: The weatherization team examines single and multi-unit dwellings and mobile homes for existing heat loss conditions. Call 253-798-6115.
- Energy Assistance: EAP pays heating bills directly to utility companies for eligible applicants. (Resources are limited.) Call 253-798-4400 or 855-798-4328.
- Home Rehabilitation Loan Program: HRP provides federally funded loans of up to $60,000 for low-income homeowners in Pierce County to improve their housing conditions. The focus of this program is on rehabilitation, not remodeling of the home. Health and safety issues are addressed first. Homeowners who have received notice from the Tacoma/Pierce County Health Department that their septic or water supply system is not in compliance with County regulations may be eligible for assistance through this program. Our housing team provides assistance to clients through all stages of rehabilitation. Call 253-798-6905.
- Home Repairs: Provides repair services to address emergency health and safety issues in the home. Call 253-798-4400.